Friday, November 2, 2012

The Scale of Perspective


The materials I used to create my project were all items I found at the beach except for the glue that’s holding it all together. The materials consist of : a dolphin keychain, black rope,  lids, bottle caps, a pen, a cork, a lottery ticket, half of a cd case, batteries, a cigarette, a piece of newspaper. The meaning behind my project is to have observers open there eyes and ask themselves, what is more important? So I made a scale to represent my view on society and its values. On one side of the scale there are batteries, plastic bottle caps, and cigarettes. The batteries symbolize energy, the cigarettes and plastic symbolize items that make money and are produced in vast amounts. This side represents most of the causes that are harming our earth. On the other side you have a seashell, flowers, and the dolphin keychain. This side represents our beautiful nature and wildlife. I have the energy and harmful side more valuable then our natural world because the reason our world is falling apart is because we value the harmful cause more than the nature resources. I chose the lottery ticket to be the base of it all is because by not taking care of what is most valuable we are gambling are future.  If we do you flip the scale and take care of our world our future won’t be so bright.

1 comment:

  1. Great concept, a scale does show what is happening on our earth. I love the way you added all the elements together,and the symbolism of your art.

    ReplyDelete