Thursday, November 15, 2012

chips


      


 Art

When being asked to come up with an art project for our English 95 class I wasn’t sure what kind of art I was going to be able to create.  I was worried that I was not going to please my professor on what she really wanted. As a current student planning to major in fashion several things came to my head about the project. I wanted to make something that represented fashion and the global warming. So then I finally realized that I already did a similar project to this already and I thought it would be perfect to use it again. In my 11th grade class introducing textiles I did an assignment where we had to create a bag out of recycle waste. So I decided to make a pencil case out of chip bags. I choose the chips Sun Chips because they are suppose to be healthier but we all know that chips are bad for you and we should not eat them as much. The process was super easy but the zipper is always the hardest thing to do. But I received a B- on my project but I was proud on the grade I got because not only did I accomplish an assignment but it also inspired me to peruse designing with organic fabric. It is one of my long-term goals to actually become a successful designer and buyer and to become a very ecofriendly person. Knowing that you can create a dress, a bag, or shirt out of trash is just simply amazing and creative. My next major goal is to create a dress out of trash bags and demonstrate it to the class. It would be inspiring to know that yes the more people live in this planet, the more trash we will have but with trash you can create the next big thing. You just need to have an open eye to spot the next trend. 

No comments:

Post a Comment