Friday, November 2, 2012

Our World Mirrored




An artwork is a great and creative way to show the viewers the importance of an issue. I decided to recreate our beloved Earth using Styrofoam and various trash pieces that I gathered at Dockweiler Beach. I utilized plastic bottle caps, beer caps, cigarette butts, sticks, a candle, a toy fish, and a plastic shovel. The items I used and the manner, in which I used them, will help the audience understand what I am trying to demonstrate. First of all, by using Styrofoam to create Earth, I am trying to reveal that because there is so much Styrofoam and it never goes away, it is actually becoming Earth. Moreover, I placed trash around the Styrofoam Earth to show that our dirty garbage is taking over the planet. Basically, I am trying to say that this is a worldwide issue and it must be taken care of or it will soon take over. 

No comments:

Post a Comment