Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Bottle Birdfeeder

Hi my name is Damaris Barba and I am a freshman at CSULA. I am taking English 095 with Professor Hernandez. Lately we've been talking about nature and the environment. My class was told to collect some trash that is thrown out regularly around the house and make something out of it. It is amazing how many things you can possibly make out of trash. People might think trash is useless and they throw it out. I gathered some trash I found in my house and created a bird feeder. I used a soda bottle, pieces of wood I found in my backyard, and a stick. I also gathered some utilities that helped me create the bird feeder like, the bottle, scraps of wood, the stick, seeds, construction paper, glue, scissors and spray paint. I used all that to put my bird feeder together and it turned out pretty good. I think people should think twice about what they are throwing away; they might need it for something later on and if not, then they can throw it out. They don't think like, "oh, let's see what I can make out of this piece of trash" instead they throw it out. They should try to reuse and recycle stuff as much as possible. Sometimes it is little things you can do that don't take much time; you can make money by recycling. People should start to think more about what is reusable and recyclable, instead of throwing it out.



No comments:

Post a Comment