Tuesday, October 29, 2013


Trashy Earth
            I decided to base my “trash” art to the setting of the Disney movie Wall-E. When I first saw that movie I told myself that the earth will never be so filled with trash that we would have to move out to space in order to survive. After seeing all the trash that comes from the city surfacing in the beach, I realized that if we keep this up, our earth will become just one huge landfill, filled with no life. With so many overwhelming amount of plastic, toxins, cigarette butts, etc. I was able to make my “trashy earth”. It frightens me how much awful stuff gets left on the beach, slowly killing us and all wildlife. I am trying to prove though my art that we need to stop polluting and start cleansing. A cleaner earth means a better life, for the present and for the future. Nobody wants to live with trash and neither does Mother Earth.

Vanessa Mena
October 22, 2013
English 101
Professor Lollie Ragana

No comments:

Post a Comment