Monday, October 28, 2013

A Sea of Cigarettes


Jennifer Menjivar
Professor Ragana
English 101
23 October 2013
                                                                        A Sea of Cigarettes
            My art project is based on the cigarettes I found on the beach. After the beach trip, all I see now when I look out into the ocean is cigarettes. My project expresses the way I see the ocean now because the fish and seaweed was mostly made of cigarettes. The eye and bubbles are made out of the bottle caps I found hidden in the sand. With every piece I picked up, I thought of the damage it was doing to the environment and how ignorant people can be with their stick of cancer.  It is disturbing to think that every cigarette I found was close to a trash can on the beach.  I personally don’t like cigarettes, but after this project; I can now say I truly hate them.   


No comments:

Post a Comment