Wednesday, October 23, 2013

Don't be Bitter, Pick up Litter


Stephanie Hernandez
English 101
Don’t be Bitter, Pick up Litter

            After participating in Heal the Bay clean-up at Dockweiler Beach, I was amazed to see that most of the trash that I picked up had to do with food. I ended up finding tons of candy wrappers, plastic bottles, plastic straws, plastic bottle caps, paper plates, disposable paper cups and much more. I was also shocked to discover a whole uneaten apple and an unopened juice pouch on the ground. This disturbed me, not only because it was effecting our environment, but also because I think about the people out there do not get to eat an apple or drink juice. There are people out there in this world that go to bed hungry and here we are at the beach and I find these small, yet significant resources completely wasted. It makes me question how selfish some people can be. Because of all this, I decided to illustrate this with my art project. Now I am not an artist, however my project represent a “serving” of the beach, with an empty can of iced tea, an Oreos wrapper, a whole apple, a full juice pouch, a water bottle, plastic bottle caps, and paper plate, all of which was found on the beach. I want people to get a “taste” of the beach with this as example. 

No comments:

Post a Comment