Sunday, February 2, 2014

Classy but Trashy !


This project is a  representation of me and the world that I live in. In my life, on a weekly basis I love to take trips to the mall, enjoying going through all these different stores. The bags that I receive my purchases in, I throw away without any thought or knowledge of how sufficient it would be to save them and reuse them. I just love shopping and the thought of getting new clothes. If I applied my love for shopping to my love for recycling it would make a major change in my everyday life. With my homework assignment in mind. I collected these bags from my trash from last weekend along with the rest of the trash that's in the trash can. What I created here is classy but trashy art. The trash I chose was mainly recyclables, papers and plastics. I know that plastic is bad for the environment and it would be better if we reused it more often than throwing it away or even recycling it. Recycling half of America's waste would save about  105 million tons, that really stood out to me after doing this project. I noticed that we as the people, are not taking this matter serious enough. We all should be doing our part in recycling, reducing and reusing "trash".

No comments:

Post a Comment