Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Plastic Fish

 
 
 
Stacie Richards
English 101
Professor Ragana
1 May 2013
Plastic Fish
During my neighborhood walk to pick up trash for my art project, I did not realize how much water bottles and newspaper were down a block from my house. I just wish people would be responsible enough to pick up their trash and put the trash in a trash can. I also saw a few candy wrappers and other pieces of trash lying on the ground. If only people would take a moment and think about throwing trash on the sidewalk or on the street has a huge impact on our environment. I chose to make a plastic fish to symbolize how much plastic that fish are eating. When a fish eats plastic it can put toxins into the fish, which is widely thought to stunt their growth, alter their reproduction, or even kill them. I put pieces of trash inside the plastic fish to show what other things that fish are mistake as food. People need to care about this because the seafood that we eat can have plastic which is bad for us as it is bad for the fishes.

No comments:

Post a Comment