Friday, May 10, 2013

Killer Plate




Diana Cruz
Professor Ragana
English 101
 
 
The Killer Plate
 
I created this to resemble a typical dinner plate our families and ourselves would normally eat. A piece of chicken, with green peas and a salad on the side, looks delicious right? Truth is this "dinner plate" is more like a killer plate. The piece of chicken you see here was created using 2/4 of the bottle caps I found at the beach, tied together with a pair of headphones I also found at the beach. The "green peas" at the side of the "chicken" are about 1/4 of the cigarette butts I found along the hill. Finally our delicious "salad" with tomatoes on top is simply tissue paper with 3 of the 4 batteries I found as well. The "plate" used for our meal is a cardboard box I found with tons of paper inside. The reason why I want this to resemble our real food is to illustrate how easily sea animals or birds can mistake our trash for food and end up consuming it. This creates them to feel full and finally end up starving themselves to death. This is not fair...if you would not eat this... then why would you let our animals eat it?
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment