Friday, October 26, 2012

The Shield by Timmy Chen



     Although I did not go to the beach clean-up, I decided to look for trash around my neighborhood that I would expect to find at the beach. As you can see, I was rather successful in finding a bunch of cigarette buds and other pieces of plastic. My art project is basically a shield cut out from cardboard and then I glued on the things that I found. It contains cigarette buds, bottle caps, a piece of plastic that looks like it used to be a part of a plastic bag, paper, and some pennies. The message that I'm trying to convey is that we should protect our beaches from things such as plastic and cigarette buds. It creates a very unsightly and unsafe environment not only for humans who want to go to the beach, but also for the wildlife that live there.

No comments:

Post a Comment