Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Fistic by Regina Taing



            This is Fistic. He is a project I made with the trash I collected, such as a Pepsi bottle, water bottle cap, chip bag, and cereal box. His name is a combination of fish and plastic because aside from his outer fish appearance, I included small Styrofoam cup bits to show the process of a fish consuming plastic. Where does the plastic go after he consumes it? Nowhere, because nothing on the world can digest plastic. It stays in his system and clogs up his intestines, causing him to die. As a result, to save sea and animal lives, we must reduce, reuse, and recycle plastic, and stop littering.

1 comment:

  1. I love this! I especially like that you used a fish because this will help raise awareness of how this issue impacts fish, and the name is very clever--
    Great work!
    Jenny Hicks, CSULA English department and site administrator.

    ReplyDelete