Saturday, June 4, 2016

Peace

I participated in the Peck Road Watershed Park clean up. I was shock when I got to the area that we needed to clean up because I have never expected to see that much trash there. We picked up all kinds of trash there and most of it is plastic and glass. Although a few people found some interesting fossils there. My friends and I picked up a full bag of trash and I collected a glass bottle to try to turn it into art. I clean the glass bottle that I collected from the park, then I did some research online to see how other people turned trash into art. Many of the arts are very creative but I didn’t find any of it that I like. I want to make my art more meaningful and try to fit a story into this piece of art. I turned a glass bottle into art by painting it and I also did some drawing on it. The massage of my art is to give everyone an idea that we often can turn something we consider trash into art. We often tell stories in writings, but stories can also be told in a more meaningful way by using color, line, and symbol on paper or bottles. The intended effect of this art is to show people that something we consider trash is no longer trash and this visual art can be a decoration for many places. If we all keep this not dissolvable glass bottles, then it won’t end up in the ocean and kill thousands of animals or leave them with scars on their body. My audience are people that understand English. Although every one of us have threw glass bottles at least once but I hope people will start saving them from now on. Some people seem strong like a glass bottle on the outside but inside of them is very fragile just like glass. Also there are people who doesn’t have the freedom of expressing their love just like the petals of the cherry blossom that is carried away by the winds.

No comments:

Post a Comment