Wednesday, June 8, 2016

Diseased Turtle

My art project is a diseased turtle that I found while participating in the Peck Road Water Conservation Park clean-up. I found the turtle shell along the shoreline of the little lake where we were cleaning up. I created the head of turtle with a piece of styrofoam that I had also found and picked up while cleaning. Inside the shell I put the rest of the trash that I found that could have potentially killed the turtle in the first place. Those items include fishing line, a hot cheetos bag, a snickers wrapper, an unidentified candy wrapper, two water bottle caps, five cigarette buds, a drinking straw, two pieces of plastic, three pieces of styrofoam, and a fishing bobber. 
During the clean up I found it very disappointing and disgusting of the amount of trash that was at the park, and what we had to clean up. I decided to use the idea of a dead turtle because it’s important for everyone to be disposing trash the right way, not just on the ground because wildlife pick up and eat that trash and kills them. I can’t help but think whatever animal would have eaten the turtle would probably died next and so on and so forth. And eventually the trash we put on the ground will end up in our bodies next. Pollution messes with the ecosystem which is not okay. If we start small, by picking up trash and recycling, we can and will make a huge difference in our environment. Even after the clean-up, we all looked back at the area we spent two hours o cleaning up and we noticed a huge difference. It was a big step in the right direction for Peck Road and I know if we do the same thing in our own communities it’ll make a huge difference just for the community and city but the whole state, country, and world.

No comments:

Post a Comment