Sunday, October 19, 2014

Eat Trash - Johana Alvarez



            For my art project I chose to make a seagull because while I was cleaning at Dockweiler Beach my group and I found feathers near the trash we would pick up. This meant that seagulls and other types of birds were probably looking for something to feed their little ones and they pick up trash that looks appetizing to them. All that trash might not even digest and will be stuck inside the birds and they will die from all that trash because of our fault of not picking up after ourselves. Imagine how many birds we are killing daily because of our laziness. Some people might not be aware of how much it affects the animals but that is what we are doing, feeding them trash. My seagull is made from a fast food box for the body, plastic for the wings, and the beak is made from a used post it. The inside of the box is filled with trash just like real birds, I chose this as my art piece because I want to make people see reality and what the consequences are for not cleaning after ourselves and not recycling.

No comments:

Post a Comment