Wednesday, March 12, 2014

Man's Best Friend

            
Man and Pet
            On Sunday, January 26, I participated in the Heal The Bay cleanup project at Dockweiler Beach. It was interesting to see what type of trash was left behind on the beach. I was never aware of any trash until I took part in this project. In a pristine environment, I expected the beach to be clean and free of gunk. I learned that humans are causing animals to become extinct, and I learned that the Earth is not a very safe environment. Animals such as polar bears, birds, sea animals, and more from all around the world suffer from mistaking trash for food. Their digestive systems cannot break down trash. The buildup of trash eventually kills the animals. I am glad that I helped protect the animals.
Trash along the beach comes in all shapes and sizes. I collected chip bags, balloons, strings, bottle caps, candy wrappers, foam, bottles, ball, and much more. Using some of the trash that I found at the beach, I created a simple picture. This picture represents how a person could change the world by taking the garbage with him. If everyone were the human in the picture, the Earth would be a much safer and cleaner place. Using plastic food wrap, I bundled specific types of trash, including a ball, candy wrappers, strings, a shoelace, and small plastic materials. The purpose of my project is to let people know how we can change the Earth. The person in the picture represents how people should be living. People should be living a life without littering and be helpful towards the environment. The picture shows him dragging the trash with a shoelace. The shoelace represents a leash, and the trash represents an animal or a pet. If people cherish animals, then trash would not be seen on the ground. The picture is a message for people to be like him.
             

No comments:

Post a Comment